Sunday, November 13, 2016

Meet the OCs!

Just a quick, random thought.

How much do you develop your OCs? You know, original characters? Whether in original story or in some fandom? Those who write novels or something like that surely have an extended development of their OCs, sure, but as someone who don't, how much do you develop your OCs?



Some friends in my facebook timeline are still active in roleplay, and they sometimes gush about their beautiful children (OCs). When I see them talking so adoringly about their children, I just can't help but compare to myself. I mean, I have OCs too but I rarely use them anymore ;;;;; Makes me feel like, come on, they deserve more love <3

Sooo with that in mind, I would like to introduce my OCs! They are mainly from original stories. People who read my orifics in this blog may recognize a name or two. Once upon a time I made a proper character sheet about them (at least, the main ones), but God knows where those scraps of paper now /orz

[The Twin Witches]
Vidia Recranis Soubrugh (fun fact: yes I mixed her name with mine to create my current pseudonym)
Aishvera Rudonia Soubrugh
Frechordo Terrantuo
Fransesca Terrantuo
Gamma
* About the universe: this is like the first well-plotted story I've ever created. I was really fascinated in Norse mythologies, so I used names based on creatures in them. To do that, I had to a lot of research, and to be honest it was really fun. (Also the first time I experienced '6 hours research, 1 hour writing' lol.) As the story itself has reached halfway of the plot, there are a lot of other characters, but mostly are minor.

[Dreamweaver]
Hikaru Akiyama
Febrian (once upon a time he had full name, but I forgot??!)
Sayuri Akiyama
* About the universe: I swear I've plotted this thoroughly and properly (it means with other important characters' names) until at least halfway, but then life happened and I can't even remember most of the names now??!? I couldn't even find the plot sheet anymore. It made me so upset that I can't seem to continue developing the universe. But Hikaru and Ian are just so precious (with fun personalities) that I still like to use them for random oneshots.

[untitled]
Maki Hiiragi
Shouichi Kobayashi
* About the universe: here comes the characters I didn't expect to be so dear for me! They were created out of a whim when I needed to vent out by writing a story, based on a dream I had. But maybe because of that, I find it most comfortable to display my emotions through Maki. Of course, she and I are different people with different personalities, but there are places where I incorporated my personality into hers. The last two pieces I posted about this girl were sad, but I actually wrote something that could be called a hapy ending for her! I just don't want to post it because the ending doesn't make sense as long as I don't write out the proper storyline first. (Which won't be happening anytime soon.)

[Queen of Prophecies]
Luna
William
Steven
Maria
Elena
* About the universe: probably my most beloved universe. I don't remember when I first created this storyline, but it resounds inside me even now. Strangely, I've never made proper character sheets for this universe, even though the story is completed with several different endings and a sequel and a prequel (all in my head, of course).

[Unity]
Arina
Chandra
Kristin
Hari
* About the universe: it suffers the same way as Dreamweaver: I lost the character sheets along with the storyplot. (I swear Arina and Chandra have proper full names, that I'm proud of!) Not exactly my favorite universe, as it deals with incest (dear Lord please forgive me), but fun fact: I've used this universe for stories to submit to magazines/writing competitions more than once. I guess that's because it has the most down-to-earth, normal atmosphere to it. Dreamweaver is too, but I guess Hikaru being a Japanese expatriate in Indonesia does make it trickier to write. Another fun fact: I sometimes combine Unity and Dreamweaver together! Like, it happens at the same school, just different focus.

[Pandora Hearts]
Leynhart
* About the universe: this is an OC for Pandora Hearts roleplay. One that we never managed to finish, lol. The first time I learn the term OC is here. I received critics that she looks a lot like Tifa from FF7, and while I denied it at first, the more I think about it, she does xDD I think I unconsciously got influenced, that's why I didn't realize it at first. I never use her again.

[Acacia of the World]
Annasthacy Chashyme
* About the universe: another OC for roleplay. It's an original roleplay, and we never managed to start it lol. But we have created various random comics and random fics about the characters. I created her with the intention to personalize myself, hence the name (my previous penname). I used her for the series The Grand Play too, but then I got uncomfortable using her since she's supposed to be my persona. It gets weird when you put yourself in a story, believe me. (And the storyline got too weird I had to stop /slapped)

Yep, I think that's all! My beloved (and maybe not-so-beloved) children <3 What do you think?

My one and only regret is that I CAN'T FREAKING MAKE CHARACTER DESIGN. I can't draw anything to save my life. I can't give definite features for my children. I mean, sure I can say they have this hair color, this hair length, etc but sometimes it get weird??? Like, it doesn't make a good composition or something??? Sometimes I wanna commission someone to draw my OCs, but I'm afraid I don't have a strong enough vision about what they look like and it'll just confuse the drawer lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment