Thursday, January 4, 2018

[Orific] Deep Snow

A/N: Happy new year!


My first memory of that day was white snowdrops slowly falling onto me.
I think it was deep into the night judging from the absence of other noises, but strangely enough, I didn't register the coldness. Even though it should have been freezing. I was silent as I laid there on the soft bed made of snow, gazing blankly at the snow petals. It was so pretty. It was mesmerizing. Had I ever seen something as majestic before? No, not really. A scenery as beautiful as this would certainly leave a mark in my memories, yet I could find no such thing. Ah, yes, this was the first. 
And then I blinked. 
"Yo. Good morning, Sleeping Beauty."
A figure. He—or at least I thought it was a he—wore a black cape that shielded his eyes, I could only found his delicate lips and sharp chin from down here. Who? I tried to think with my dull brain, questioning my mute senses about his arrival. I didn't know if I didn't catch him coming my way, as deep in a trance as I had been, or if he had been very silent when he approached me. 
"Hey, hey, you can at least look a bit more surprised, you know," the figure spoke again as he crouched down. He put his chin on one hand, as though he was bored out of his mind as he peered down. "You're no fun."
I blinked.
"Heh, I suppose you're too far gone, huh? This won't even hurt then."
What?
My eyes followed him as he straightened his back with a little heave, as he pulled out a huge scythe seemingly out of nowhere, as his small lips curved beautifully into a smirk. When he readied his scythe, though, for a milisecond his cape was pulled back and I could spot two sparkling crimson eyes. It was then I understood. Not with my dull brain and mute senses, no. I understood with my whole soul.
He was my Death.
Such a long-awaited reunion. Too bad it would be gone in another second, don't you think? But I was satisfied, I had no complaint. At the last moment, I was able to stretch my own lips into a small smile too.
Hello, Death.

No comments:

Post a Comment