Saturday, December 29, 2018

he lp

There are people who pushed hard, hard, hard until their hands bleed and sting, yet they never find what they are looking for.

There are people who turn their back, retrace their steps, go all the way back to square one only to find another thorny path.

There are also people who stop and stare at the boulder blocking their way, their steps frozen under fear of the unknown.

I am the latter.

No matter what I tell myself, what people tell me, my hands are cold and my feet are stuck. I don't know how to move. I don't even know what is weighing me down. I can see the people whom I care about cheering for me, yes, I can hear their voices--but they seem so far. So hazy. The boulder looms before me and my tiny body, shadowing my precious people.

Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment