Friday, September 6, 2013

[Orific] Sweet Orange

At daybreak I awoke to the smell of oranges. The sweet, fresh fragrance filled my nostrils immediately, giving me a slight nausea. I proceeded to stand up while covering my nose and wandered to the living room. There my sister was, peeling oranges indulgently and sipped the juices off the fruit, leaving dry, crumpled skin of oranges in the trashcan.

"Morning," I said hoarsely.

"Hey," she smiled back. "Go drink first, your voice's horrible."

I stepped to the water dispenser and poured myself a glass of water which I quickly downed. "Eating oranges this early, sis? You'll get stomachache."

My raven-haired sister merely laughed it off. "It's a fetish; I can't help it." Her almost curly hair bounced around as her shoulder shook with laughter. "Want some?" she offered when I sat next to her, turning the television on.

I eyed her, her smile, then the orange in her hands, and huffed.

"Nah, I'll pass."
-fin-

Yeees, I know, this is just some meaningless drabble. 
Written when a friend ate her orange in class, 
of which then the smell quickly invaded the whole room.
-05092013-

No comments:

Post a Comment