Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pretty Presents

Yesterday shines in my eyes,
Yesterday rings in my ears,
And yesterday blossoms in my heart,
Vianna desu.

Yesterday was my birthday. I invited my classmates (and former classmate--our class got divided last year) to celebrate it at home. And the funny thing is, one of my classmate has his birthday on that day too! Well, though he was born in '94, while me in '95. We're exactly one years apart, even though we're in the same class XD

Well, it was very hilarious. And I mean, very. You couldn't talk in your normal volume--you had to shout loudly to be heard. Go imagine. The birthday boy (let's call him Dhani) brought his guitar too, because I requested him~ I know my male classmates are very fond of music, not to mention they also like to play various songs with guitar. Looks like it was a wise desicion, because the guitar and music certainly was the ice-breaker. We sang, sang along, and laugh.

The party lasted until eight. I helped my mom cleaning the house after the last guest had went home. After that, I started to unpack the presents my friends gave to me.

I got about five... or six. Can't really remember, eheheh.



First was a laptop bag. It is very nice! My classmates sure know I don't have any laptop bag beside the official one that came with the laptop itself. Second, a mug with our class photo on it. Again, it's very nice. Certainly a memorable one. Next is a reading lamp. Guess what, this is from Dhani! Wow, I felt very... touched. And then, there's a photo album from Rose (my seatmate, remember?) and her twin sister (who also came to the party even though she's not my classmate) gave me... a lamp. No, you didn't read it wrong, trust me. Very unique, indeed. Well, lastly, my former classmates gave me a music box (in the form of a piano) and a clock. Those are soo cute!

But, no matter how happy I am to receive those presents, what makes me even happier is the birthday cards that came along the presents. Goodness, they are so touching! Each are very, very nice. As I read the cards one by one, I got nearer to the brink of tears.

Heck, I'm so easy to cry lately. Well, but this one is the good tear, I guess.

And there're two cards that got my attention best. One is from Dhani. He wrote like this:
I wish you'll become a fine girl woman, who respects your parents, .....
Gosh. Now that's what made me cry! The acknowledgement that I'm a girl no more, that I'm turning a woman. Dammit, Dhani, you know how to make a great birthday wish!

The other one is a card from Rose's twin. Even though we aren't that close, she made a very nice card. It's shaped like a face, smiling, and overall it's just overly cute!! Handmade, by the way. Rose and her twin are always the artistic ones. I soo love the card.

Well, anyway, that's the gist of it. Until we meet again, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment