Saturday, September 8, 2012

Black and White

Graceful rains begetting hollow,
Sobs running to follow,
But blinding is the light of tomorrow,
Vianna desu.

Quite a lot happened today... at school. Not everything is happy one, though.

First, at PE, we learnt how to do 'lompat jangkit'. I don't know what it goes in English (I even doubt there's that kind of sport in other countries). This is more or less a modified kind of long jump. And it uses thrice push (is that what you call 'tolakan' in English?).

Well, that's where an incident happened.



When I tried it, in the second push, I fell. And hurt my knee in the process. It was like a sprain but not really that. I don't understand much, but it hurt. Good thing I only sprained one knee, so I could move away from the tracks using my good leg. After that my teacher looked over my knee, strecthing my foreleg (like what those soccer player usually do) until the pain subsided.

Gosh. I nearly cried then. Almost, already on the brink of crying. But, my character is always a strong girl, I almost never cry in front of other people, especially out of pain like this. [Hey, that time about Rose's father doesn't count, okay?] So I held in, I held my tears and smiled, laughed, telling my friends I was okay. Well, technically I was, after sensei tended my sprain.

But, well, even though it didn't hurt as bad, but still hurt when I walked. So for the whole day, I walked in a crippled way. Damn. I also found out that I got a bruise/blister above my sprained knee. It hurt too! Even as I type this, the blister hurt a lot that from my knee down to the toes feels numb. No kidding.

And then, during the last period, my body's fevering up too. My neck was swollen, and I thought, "WHAT THE HELL? I get a parotitis at a time like THIS?" Daaaamn. I couldn't concentrate on the lesson, all I could think was to get home as soon as possible and get some medicine. And sleep. Yeah, right.

And my bad habit is, when I get sick I always want to be taken care of delicately, I always want to feel my mother's warmth. And before I receive that kind of treatment, I always want to cry. Haha. You know what? My mother's out of town today. Which means, I won't have the warmth I crave so bad. Really, I wanted to cry so much. The urge to cry doubled with the pain of my knee--I had a tough time trying to suppress it (remember, I was still at class!)

So in short, today was full of painful moments. Rrrr.

But there was nice thing too. So my friends got some problem understanding about chemics. They asked me to explain, and due to the large number of them, they suggested me explaining it in front of class (like one hell of teacher). Well, I agreed. So I stood in front, wrote things on the blackboard, explained slowly but surely, until all of them understood (like one hell of teacher!!). Wow. It felt so amazing.

And, when I met my English teacher later on (he is friendly and we're quite close), he commented about how I 'became a teacher'. He was amused, I could tell, but also proud. Oh my, I was--I don't know, flabbergasted? A little embarassed too (though I know this isn't something I should be embarassed of). I didn't expect any teacher to find me teaching my friends like that--hell, I didn't expect anything by doing that. I only wanted to help, and because I could, so I did.

Well, I guess at least there's something good to make my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment