Thursday, February 13, 2014

[Fanfic] [RivaMika Week 2 Day 1] Black Tryst

I'm dying to write something but you know, my ongoing projects never look as uninteresting before, so I decided to do something new. And for moodbooster, I need prompts and deadlines, and I just happen to know RivaMika Weeks is running! My OTP for SnK fandom, here I come!

Day 1: Legendary Lovers (Lancelot and Guinevere)
Title: Black Tryst
Author: Vianna Orchidia/Annasthacy Chashyme
Rating: T
Warning: AU, possible typos and grammars, dark theme.



It was love at first sight.

He looked as much as a royal she and her husband were when he pledged his loyalty as a knight. She could see the pride coloring his sharp face, dignity set aflame in his eyes. She felt her chest tighten. A familiar feeling, one she used to experience back during the courting days from her king. She never thought another man could ignite this reaction, even renewed like blooms of fireworks.

When the newly knighted man knelt in front of her, taking her hand to his lips as the final lock to his vow with eyes secretly holding her gaze from behind the falling hair, she knew trouble was coming.

She didn't think she mind at all.

.:.:.

It was love at first sight.

No, perhaps not really his first sight on her, since she was the queen and everyone saw her regularly every year, but certainly the first time he laid his eyes right on hers. During the ceremony, he could hardly focus--his attention always drifted to the fair-skinned, black-haired, oriental queen next to King Erwin.

When he kissed the back of her hand, the sudden surge of possessiveness frankly scared him for one second, but he couldn't take his eyes off of hers at all. The unreadable gleam in her dark orbs enticed his whole soul, trapping him there. He almost gave a pained scowl when he finally had to let go of her hand, and that alone was enough to forewarn him of the sure-to-come troubles.

She was worth it, he decided.

.:.:.

"You're strong."

"I am."

Levi grimaced at her defiant reply. "They are--he is--going for your head."

"I will be fine," Mikasa's tone softened though her eyes still held the sadness and guilt for betraying her husband, "besides, he is after yours too."

"I'll save you," Levi muttered the promise darkly against the column of her neck. "I'll save you, so wait for me."

The oriental queen frowned as she pulled back slightly, searching for his ever hard gaze. "Don't."

Her rejection sent thousands of needles straight into his already wounded heart. "Why not?" he queried brokenly. He would do anything for this woman. He would even betray the king. Forsaking his life. Everything. He wasn't going to leave her behind, in this lion's den, just to see her getting burned away on a stake.

"I can take care of myself, Levi."

One meaningful look later, she continued.

"Don't die on me, and I won't die on you."

-fin-

A/N: Well, hope you enjoyed that. Sorry it has to end like that because... just because.
I wanted to do use Orpheus/Eurydice actually, because I read the full story just recently, but then I thought it would be more fitting for Levi/Petra pairing.
By the way, about Erwin being the king... I was going to use Eren, just because Mikasa liked him and all, but making Levi pledge his loyalty for Eren is a bit far-stretched so Erwin came in instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment