Thursday, February 13, 2014

[Fanfic] [RivaMika Week 2 Day 2] Keep It Secret

Day 2: The Gift
Title: Keep It Secret
Author: Vianna Orchidia/Annasthacy Chashyme
Rating: K+
Warning: not proofread, possible typos and grammar, quite rushed, possible OOC, unclear time setting, light theme.

One eyebrow raised. "I'm sorry, what did you say, sir?"

"I said," he punctuated his every word, though unnecessarily in Mikasa's opinion, "I'm taking you to the town."

The orient studied Levi's features, and found no reason why she should doubt the genuineness of his words. But it was more the reason to be confused. "...me? Without the others?"

"Damn right, Ackerman." His tone sounded more annoyed than before. Exasperated.

"Why?"



"Must I give you every fucking reason for my orders?" he glowered, but Mikasa hardly even flinched. She had witnessed his true, fiercer glower after all. This one could be classified as a joke. Besides, she thought she had every right to know since this was personal despite his claim that it's an order. She eyed the subtle shift in his gesture, noting the lack of confidence he always carried around like a second skin.

Ahh, yes. Very personal indeed.

"All right," the ravenette female sighed. "When are we going?"

"Tomorrow morning. Get your horse ready as soon as breakfast's over. You don't need to bring anything else, and wear your civillian clothes. Dismissed."

.:.:.

"Huuh? You can't?" Eren and Armin chorused together when Mikasa turned down their invitation to have a little party along with the rest of their friends. "B-but it's your birthday!"

The young girl smiled weakly at their obvious display of affection. "I know. But Captain Levi as-- ordered me," she almost stumbled at her choice of word, and tried not to burst out laughing, "to go to the town tomorrow morning. I don't know how long the trip will take, so I can't promise you two."

Armin, the always keen one, quickly perked his head up. "The captain? To the town?"

"Yes."

"Just the two of you? At a time like this?"

Somehow Armin's question unnerved Mikasa. Even Eren noticed that the blonde must have noticed something, because he listened with much attention. "Uh... yes?" her answer came out a little too unsure to her liking.

Armin's reaction was not expected. He grinned widely at her, with eyes that said I-see-what-you-did-there. It honestly scared her. So there was something Captain Levi was hiding. But why Armin could easily see through it was still beyond her.

"I see!" he exclaimed, cheekily. He quickly grabbed Eren's hand and pulled him out of her room, saying 'have fun!' as they disappeared to the hallway. Mikasa frowned.

Fun?

.:.:.

 "Let me ask once again. Exactly what are we doing here," a threatening glare, "sir?"

"Just keep walking." Levi easily ignored her glare and proceeded to the next shop. The what, fourth shop? She's getting irritated. "And like I said, tell me if anything fancy catch your eye."

Just that? Mikasa seriously couldn't understand this man. What did 'fancy' mean anyway? Bright-colored? Fluffy and huge? Mikasa was not a girly girl--she didn't like buying things except it's essential for survival, and the only accessory she had was the red scarf currently adorning her neck.

The short-haired girl was about to retort again when she caught a crimson glow from the tip of her eyes. She stopped short and turned to inspect it. It turned out to be a simple toy ring embedded with ruby-like stone inside a glass showcase. Not a real jewellery, but crafted nicely enough to replace one.

"You like that one?"

Levi, who realized she wasn't trailing him anymore, had followed her and stood right beside her, examining the piece of accessory too. "It's not bad for a toy," he commented

"I don't know; I'm not a fan of accessories," she backed down. Anything pretty like that would be a waste if worn by her, a soldier living in a cruel world.

"You're still a girl, though," Levi shrugged. He didn't wait for her reply before calling the shop clerk and had her wrap it for him. When he pulled a bill out of his wallet, Mikasa's eyes widened and quickly stopped his arm.

"What are you doing?" she hissed. "I didn't say I wanted it."

The short man swatted her hand away and gave the shop clerk the bill. "And I did instruct you to tell me when you find anything you fancy," he said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. After the clerk returned with the purchased ring and his change, he threw the box containing the ring to her. "Take it."

Mikasa half-glared, half-blushed as she caught the box. "But why?"

"Today's your birthday, right?"

-fin-

A/N: damn sneaky bastard. I just had to end it like that to emphasize that feeling. Well, up to you how you interpret the ending and how it continues! I hope you enjoyed this, even though it's rushed because I have deadline to catch up to, haha.
After the dark-themed story, now I wanted to do something lighter. Though it kinda bothers me that I have used this kind of plot before, in KHR fandom. Somehow the word gift always leads me to this kind of plot.

[edit] OOOHHHH JUST REALIZED THAT THIS POST IS OFFICIALLY THE 100TH POST! CONRATULATIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment