Friday, June 15, 2012

Fangirls and 'fangirls'

I looked over my shoulder,
there was she, and she was there.
Joy but tearful, as she stared.
Only bits and pieces remained safe,
because Lovers had left her side.

-a poem in my livingroom-
15062012

I don't know why, but suddenly I have this urge to write about love. No, not romantically love, but a love you have as a fan of someone.

In a whole different level, it became a serious love.



I'm not sure how serious it is, but I have watched some friends laugh, cry and get upset because something happened with their 'distant love'. They laughed when their idol reunited with good ol'friends, or released a new album, or something like that. They cried when their idol lost his family. They got upset when their idol was close with other girl, or other girls fanned over him.

This last part, is what I call jealousy.

Well, you know now that I am talking spesifically about girls and their male idols. Die-hard fangirls are dangerous--for others and for themselves, I think.

Be careful that you might seriously fall in love with your bias.

And, I can't help but comparing such fangirls with me. I know, I'm on my way to be a die-hard fan of Kalafina. But, they are females. And I am a female.

Can you understand what I'm trying to say here?

I love them, but only as far as a fan does. Because, please, I'm still straight, and I do not have the tendency to 'cross the line'.

That is the difference I'm trying to point out.

Well, folks, it's not like I'm accusing you. No. Just a random thought in my mind and no, I also don't have any suggestion. Thank you very much.

That's all I can say for now.
Until next time, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment