Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kalafina in AFA Malaysia

I just listened to the performance of Kalafina in AFA-MY (Anime Festival Asia - Malaysia) and I was practically squealing out.

...wait. You don't know Kalafina?


Cover of the second-to-latest single, "to the beginning"
Kalafina is a vocal group, consisting of three (very, very pretty if I may add) woman. Pertama kali dibentuk tahun 2007, waktu itu masih berdua (Wakana dan Keiko). Lalu tahun 2008, dua orang lagi masuk (Hikaru dan Maya) melalui audisi. Namun Maya resmi mengundurkan diri sejak Mei 2009, jadi sampai sekarang Kalafina itu tiga orang.
 
From left: Hikaru, Keiko, Wakana
Nah, mereka bertiga inilah objek fanatisme(?) saya sejak dua tahun yang lalu. Sudah punya tiga album, serta 13 single (CMIIW) and I'm proud to say I have them all (err, not ori though. Downloaded from web #kicked)

Mereka kebanyakan menyanyi untuk mengisi soundtrack anime (produser serta pembuat lagu untuk mereka adalah Kajiura Yuki, the goddess of anime soundtrack! XD) tapi kadang juga mengisi soundtrack game, acara TV, juga pernah mengeluarkan single yang sama sekali bukan untuk soundtrack apa-apa.

Genre lagu mereka (lebih tepatnya, genre lagu buatan Kajiura-sensei) itu... apa ya. Dark, gothic, classic, chamber-pop. Semacam itu deh. Eh, tapi nggak semuanya dark kok. Yang kentara itu di album ketiga, temanya malah terasa pure white banget.

That's the brief explanation about Kalafina. Now onto my fangirl rambling. (And I heavily suggest you leave, before you die of bored. Or, come back after you become a die-hard fan of Kalafina.)

Intinya, mereka baru saja datang ke Malaysia untuk konser AFA ini. OMG. Malaysia, can you imagine that? So close to Indonesia, and I'm practically tying my feet onto ground so that I don't run there! Uh well, that's way exaggerating.

Kalafina in AFA-MY
Anyway, some people in a forum (Canta Per Me Forum; Kajiura-related fans should check there!) went to that concert. One of them actually recorded the WHOLE performance. Umm, audio-wise. And he/she very kindly uploaded it for the whole forum; and me, who coughpurposefullylurkedcough ran into the link. OF COURSE I was very happy.

And I officially just listened to the whole performance by Kalafina! (I skipped other people's performances lol) I was like, HURRAAAHHH!! Even tweeted my comments for the whole performance. But it's not enough, I need to post MORE comments here.

First they came with Magia. Woo-hoo! Hikaru's voice was really deep there! Still good, no complaints.
The Lacrimosa came. Uhhh, Wakana began to screw up.
After that, Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete Iku. This. is. worst. Keiko, it's really necessary to control you coarse voice--your voice is already deep, be careful with the flow. Wakana screw up, again.
And then... what was it again? MC? Well, they were very funny at this part. They always are. Each of them tried to speak English and Malaysian. Wakana first, and she wasn't very bad ("Nama saya" came out quite good, actually XD). Next, Keiko, and she always becomes the worst when it comes to speaking non-Japanese (her "Nama saya Keiko desu" was veeeery awkward). Last, Hikaru, and she's always my favorite because she didn't sound like a Japanese at all when speaking English and Malaysian (her "Nama saya Hikaru" almost sounded like a real Malay/Indonesian speaking!)
Well, onto the next song. Sprinter. Wakana and Keiko screwed up. Nuff said.
Umm, Destination Unknown. So-so. Hikaru is good but Keiko kinda screw it. Thankfully Wakana's voice wasn't very audible (except the last bridge) because she sounded terrible).
And then Ongaku. This is good, except Wakana's high notes partwas awful.
Last, to the beginning. This was, somehow, almost perfect. I love their harmonizing.

I'm so disappointed though. Wakana seemed to lose energy so fast. When doing Red Moon Live, she could put up until the last song, but why in the world she became pathetic in just two songs this time? I've been noticing this for a while, actually. She needs a month full of rest. No joking.
While Hikaru has grown so much, I love her.
Keiko... well... no comment... maybe, do more practice on your songs?

Whoa, what a rambling. Hihihi.

p.s: I don't own the pictures above :)

No comments:

Post a Comment