Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pesta Sekolah 4 (Part 1)

Princess with Pirate on board,
Fairies polishing your Sword,
Praise the fantasies on frost,
Vianna desu.

[Yes, I want to use this kind of opening for now. Thanks for the inspiration, Hikaru!]

For three days, there is this event called Pesta Sekolah 4 (School Party 4, if in English) presented by a local newspaper. In this event, high schools and middle high schools compete in Mading 2D, mading 3D, newspaper design, and blog design. (uhh, what's the English for 'Mading' I wonder...)

I'm in the Journalist Club in my school, so I'm in this competition. I participate in newspaper design, by the way. That's a good choice of my club president, really, because I'm not good in handycrafts and I'm not good in manually designing blog either. I'm the so-called leader of my newspaper design team, and also in charge for the layout. This is the reason why I haven't updated anything in the past few days. So busy with last seconds preparations.

So, about today. It's the Opening Day for this event. Euforia calls! \^o^/

I haven't got many photos about today, so for now I'll just show you our school's 'product' :) It's now official anyway, so no problem if I post them here.

Beware of bandwith killer, because the pictures are big, and I mean BIG.
(Uhh, I wish there was spoiler tags in blog.)



First, my team's newspaper.

Newspaper design of Smariduta, team B

Okay, so that's the design. Does it look like normal newspaper? That's the second design I made myself (the first being a bulletin, also the club's work). Made it using Photoshop because that's the only application I can handle .___."

This paragraph is going to be personal rambling.

Okay, so i you squint, you'll see the name Ann everywhere. And yes, that's my inisial. Wonder why? Honestly, because I made those articles myself. I did the research, I did the interviews, I did pretty much EVERYTHING myself. Because if I hadn't done it, this newspaper would have been in dream only. Even though I've practically ORDERED my teammates (heh, I wanna call them subordinates but that's too rude) but only one did as told--while the others, all talk, no act.
Even though I also had a major science competition, which means days and days full with studying, no time to handle this project! I've told them to take care of this project while I'm gone, but--you know the rest. Heh. So in the end, I'm all act, no talk. Literally. Yeah I know, I'm so cool. Or maybe, pitiful. Either is fine by me. 

Aaand, this is the newspaper design of team A.


Well, more or less. Because there was a revision to this, and I don't have the latest version :-/

Not much say in this, because even though the picture itself is official, the story behind it isn't. It's not my place to spoil their privacy :)

Now onto the Mading 3D. Oooh, I'm getting excited!



Tell me, what do you see in that?  :D

The title is "Bumi Goreng Saos Ijo" or "Fried Earth with Green Sauce". Whoa, cruel much? Haha, so let me tell you the meaning. Fried Earth shows the global warming effect on Earth--you see, the Earth's getting hotter like it's on fire. While the Green Sauce is the trees, we need to 'season' the fried Earth with trees to make it 'more delicious'.

The most eye-catching item is, of course, our Chef!Panda! Yaaay! It's sooo cute, the costume is hand-made by one of my friends. Even people started to take photos with it! Lulz. Even though that Panda is naughty for frying the Earth :-/ #kicked
And there's the Big Tree. 90% of it is made from newspaper, believe it or not.
And below, there's the Menu Book. It contains more articles about reforestation and so on.

You see, my friends could make them from barely nothing. I don't have that kind of 'handy-ness' thus cannot join their team. Haha XD

Next! Mading 2D.


The title is "Hutan Fantasi" or "Forest of Fantasy". 

In this one, the Panda appear as Pirate!Panda. The costume's still sooo cute, hand-made too! And there's tanabata tree, and a chest with a fairy on it! Beautiful isn't it?

I'm getting lazy to write thus the shorter report. Lol.

Okay, I think that's all I can talk about for now.
Until next time then :)


No comments:

Post a Comment