Sunday, July 12, 2015

[Fanfic] To Learn Something New (ch 14)

Title: To Learn Something New
Author: Vianna Orchidia / Annasthacy Chashyme
Fandom: Final Fantasy XIII Series
Character: Lightning Farron, Hope Estheim
Rating: K+
Genre: General
Disclaimer: I do not own the series and the characters, and I do not gain any profit from this fanfiction
Warning: AU
 
wing /wing/ n a part of an animal's body that is used for flying or gliding

Hope touched Lightning's wings gingerly. He made sure not to worry around the part that was covered by bandages, not wanting to cause pain to the female angel. He kept looking over the whole appendages, as if searching for another wounded spot that somehow had escaped his scrutiny. “How are you feeling?” he asked quietly.

“Better,” she replied curtly. “You know you're the best medic here.”

“Still can't be too sure.” This time his fingers glided softly along her wings, no longer acting as a medic but rather a lover's caress. Hope let his hands stroke the base of her wings, then up to her shoulders, and twirled some locks of pale pink hair. “Please forgive me,” solemnly, almost heart-wrenchingly, a murmur fell from his quivering lips.

“For what?”

His pair of green eyes met her gentle blue ones before he looked away in shame. She tried to grasp his hand, to link their fingers, but he refused. “For not being able to protect you. I... I only know how to heal wounds; I can't even go down there, to the great battle. I'm... so weak.”

“Look, Hope,” the warrior angel put her hand on his shoulder. “It's enough. I don't want protection, not from you, not from anyone. I'm not one to be protected, Hope. What I want, what I need, is someone to pick up the pieces for me. And you've been doing nothing but great at that.” She paused for a moment then scoffed, annoyed at his self-depreciation tendencies. “You're not weak, Hope. You never are.”

No comments:

Post a Comment