Tuesday, July 14, 2015

[Fanfic] To Learn Something New (ch 18)

Title: To Learn Something New
Author: Vianna Orchidia / Annasthacy Chashyme
Fandom: Final Fantasy XIII Series
Character: Lightning Farron, Hope Estheim
Rating: K+
Genre: General
Disclaimer: I do not own the series and the characters, and I do not gain any profit from this fanfiction
Warning: set during FFXIII-2. Genderswap (male!Lightning, fem!Hope, male!Alyssa)

lie /lie/ n an assertion of something known or believed by the speaker to be untrue with intent to deceive

“You understand why I wanted to show you the Oracle Drive?”
“I think I do. You've been looking for Lightning, too, all this time.”
-Hope and Serah, FFXIII-2 in Bresha Ruins, 10AF-

After Serah and Noel left, Hope daintily closed the lid of the Oracle Drive's storage case. Her face was facing downward and her features were somehow clouded in sorrow. Her sudden silence did not go unnoticed to her assistant, Erick Zaidelle, who crossed his arms in deep curiosity.

“Directress?”

“Yes, Erick?” Hope answered without missing a beat, proving to be in full focus despite her aloof attitude.

“This Lightning person in the Oracle Drive... So he is Serah's brother?”

“Yes.” The young woman turned to face her assistant. “Ten years ago, I traveled with him as fellow l'Cie. When he disappeared at the end of our journey, we instantly assumed that he was inside the pillar with Fang and Vanille. Who knew it was a paradox...” she trailed off, eyes no longer focusing on her companion but rather to the nothingness. She still remembered that journey vividly like it happened yesterday. The pain still felt new as well.

“You two look close.” At this suspicious remark Hope blinked and stared dumbfound at him. “I mean, you work so hard for him, you also reacted strongly when we first saw the recordings...”

“He's a dear friend,” the Directress promptly cut him off. “I want to save him, just like I want to save Fang and Vanille. That's all, Erick.” She shot him a quick, polite smile before taking off to her office with a whip of her silvery ponytail. She left the conversation so smoothly that it never gave Erick any chance to second guess at her honesty.

Well, that little lie wouldn't hurt anyone.

A/N:
Yeah Hope, like he's ever gonna be 'just friend'. Ain't fooling anyone.
 
I doubted myself whether to keep Alyssa as a female or not. But well, the way she throw herself at Hope was so trademark-ish that I just had to keep it that way. Now she becomes Erick Zaidelle who always tries to court the Directress but to no avail lol.

Aaand another detail I have in my head! Hope keeps her hair in a mostly-neat, high ponytail. She never puts it down, and the only one who gets to see her hair down is, well you know who it is. I find this particular thing very special so I use it for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment